5 Top Things To Do on Mother's Day Weekend
Mother’s day is around the corner, have you thought about what to do and where to bring mum this Mother’s Day? If you have not, do not worry! We have a list of things to do on Mother’s Day for you to consider!
Mother's Day Suggestion #1
Treat your mom to an intimate and relaxing high tea session in a restaurant or hotel. She will love dressing up and sipping on cups of tea with all the delectable pastries and dainty savoury bites. You could never go wrong with gourmet sandwiches, little cakes, quiches, scones and tarts.
All Things Delicious, the halal-certified bakery cafe located in the heart of Kg Gelam has all the typical high tea treats, and more. You can book a table here! Remember to book well in advance to avoid disappointment. Fully booked? Don't worry, we have another tip for you, scroll down to no. 5. And don't forget: with our Sharing Platters you can create a high tea experience everywhere!
Here are five more restaurants we love for a high tea session with mum:
- The White Label 8202 2358
- La Fez Cafe & Bakery 8322 5939
- Tiffany Cafe & Restaurant 6531 5366
- Royal Palm Meat and Dine 6339 7766
- The Rose Veranda 6213 4486
Image by Laughingmango
Mother's Day Suggestion #2
Due to the pandemic, travelling overseas is not as easy to organise. The answer is: staycation! Whisk mum for a weekend away in a nice hotel for her to enjoy life away from her usual routine. It is a great opportunity for you and mum to spend some quality time together. She can enjoy a swim, enjoy the scenery and be in total holiday mood! Please remember, if you are bringing the whole family, she should not be babysitting your kids during this staycay! In Singapore, you can book a room near or in places like Sentosa and Marina Bay Sands where she can enjoy and play tourist. I’m sure she’ll be thrilled with such a mini getaway!
Here are 7 of Singapore's Most Popular Places for a great Staycation with mum;
- Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay Singapore (6845 1000)
- The Fullerton Hotel Singapore (6733 8388)
- The Westin Singapore (6922 6888)
- Shangri-La Singapore (6737 3644)
- Mandarin Oriental Singapore (6338 0066)
- Equarius Hotel Resorts Word Sentosa (6577 8899)
- Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa (6825 3888)
Image by Odua Images
Mother's Day Suggestion #3
Give her a dinner treat, especially her favourite cuisine! Be it Japanese cuisine, Thai cuisine or global cuisine, there will be something out there available to satisfy mum’s cravings.
Here are 6 Restaurants that top our list when we invite mother to join us:
- Jiak Seafood at Esplanade (Halal Tze Char) 6252 8765
- Permata Nusantara Fine Dining at Kg Gelam (Fine Dining Malay) 9082 9941
- The Great Mischief (Spanish) 8721 3150
- Carousel Royal Plaza on Scotts (Seafood hotel buffet) 6219 3780
- Atrium Restaurant Holiday Inn Singapore (Local and international cuisine, buffet) 3138 2530
- Peppermint Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay (Farm-to-table concept) 6845 1111
Remember to read reviews and see if they have any special sets for Mother’s Day or if they have something mum would enjoy. If your mom loves lobsters, do call the restaurant to ask if they will have them available as they may not have them every day. Just like the other activities, it is best to book way in advance!
Image from Carousel
Mother's Day Suggestion #4
Have you ever gone to any classes with mum? There are many enchanting places that hold interesting classes that you may not even know. Although Singapore is quite small, there may be a lot of places and activities you can participate in with mum! The list is endless: pottery workshop, oil painting classes, baking class, yoga and meditation, leather crafting workshop, candle making workshop, flower arrangement workshop, terrarium workshop and perfume workshop. The list goes on and on. Spend an afternoon with your mum doing an activity that is both stimulating and fun for both of you!
Here are 8 inspiring suggestions for classes and workshops that mum will love!
- Pottery workshop: Urth&Phire (9770 4862)
- Baking Class: Baker’s Brew (6909 0669)
- Yoga Class: Yoga Movement (6223 1545)
- Leather Crafting Workshop: Crafune (9107 5168)
- Candle Making Workshop: Epic Workshop (6355 0329)
- Flower Arrangement Workshop: Epic Workshop (6355 0329
- Terrarium Workshop: Sppfy (8853 6141)
- Perfume Workshop: Maison 21G (9276 0989)
Image by 74images
Mother's Day Suggestion #5
Oh yes, and a picnic is definitely a great activity for Mother’s Day! It is easy to plan for a picnic - all you need is a large picnic mat and a nice shady spot. Let the kids run around and let mum relax and enjoy the outdoors!
If you like, prepare simple dishes like sandwiches or pies, something that is easy to eat on a picnic mat. Get some fruits and desserts too! Do you like to take it easy on Mother's Day? Just order some food and pick it up on the way to the picnic. With All Things Delicious’ sweet and savoury Sharing Platters, you easily fill your picnic basket. You may also surprise her with a festive cake, dainty macarons or even ATD’s Mother’s Day Gift Boxes!
Remember to have a backup plan in case of rain and yes please check your weather app before heading out!
Some of the popular places to go for the picnic are East Coast, Sentosa, and Marina Barrage. Remember to check if the place you are going to requires booking!
Image by aliaksandrbarysenka
We are sure the 5 activities listed above will help you have some ideas of what to do on Mother’s Day weekend this year! Start planning or booking, and give mum a different experience or a pampering afternoon because she certainly deserves it!